When starting a coin collection or adding on to an existing one, it is always recommended that you speak with a portfolio manager before purchasing. Speaking with a professional can help improve your purchase power and help take the collector to take advantage of current market trends. Our team can help with such topics as IRA’s, diversification, and other factors that affect the metals market.
- Silver, like gold, is a real asset. It differentiates from paper assets such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
- Silver has proven to mature as an asset over the long term. From 2000 to 2020, the value of silver rose by nearly 473%.
- Silver costs much less than gold. Pricewise, silver is an asset that is much more obtainable for the average person than gold. Historically, it has been a much more affordable precious metal.
- Silver has a documented, lengthy history, and silver coins have been sought after and used for trades for thousands of years.
- Gold has a very long history of wealth and helps diversify your retirement portfolio.
- Gold operates as a hedge against inflation and a store of value. An inflation hedge such as gold can help protect your assets from diminished buying power that is related to a rise in the overall price in goods and services.
Verify or Create Your IRA
- The IRS requires precious metals to be added to a self-directed IRA. Our portfolio manager’s first step will help you confirm your existing IRA qualifies or help create a new IRA.
Fund the Account
- Roll Over an existing IRS or 401(k)
- Establish a new Precious Metals IRA
Deposit Your Metals with a Custodian
- An IRS-approved custodian bank must hold metals to an IRS. Our portfolio managers will help you get started with any IRS-approved custodial institution you choose. Once your account is funded, our portfolio managers can help you determine what type and quantity you should purchase based on your investment goals and your needs.
- Speak with a portfolio manager.
- Buy only high-quality certified coins.
- Assemble a well-balanced portfolio.
Silver can be held in what’s known as a Self-Directed IRA. This kind of IRA is like a regular IRA, but it isn’t limited to traditional assets. IRA-approved silver coins include:
- American Eagle bullion coins, 1 oz.
- American Eagle proof coins
- Australian kookaburra coins
- Australian Philharmonic coins
- Canadian Maple Leaf coins
- Mexican Silver Libertad coins
- 1 oz American Gold Eagle Coins
- ½ oz American Gold Eagle Coins
- ¼ oz American Gold Eagle Coins
- 1/10 oz American Gold Eagle Coins
- 1 oz American Gold Buffalo Coins
- 1 oz Australian Gold Kangaroo Coins
- 1 oz Austrian Gold Philharmonic Coins
- 1 oz Canadian Gold Maple Leaf Coins
- 1 oz Royal Canadian Mint Gold Bars
- 1 oz UBS Gold Bars
- 50 gram Valcambi Gold CombiBars
- 1 oz Valcambi Gold Bars
- 1 oz Sunshine Mint Gold Bars
- 1 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bars
- 10 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bars
- 1 oz Johnson Matthey Gold Bars